Your friends at Stickboy® Creative and Vectra Digital care about the condition of your website.
That’s why we wanted to drop in and inform you of a very important update coming to Google Chrome that will impact all (yes, all) websites on the internet. That means yours too.
Here’s What You Need To Know:
What changes will the update bring?
- The update will display a warning to users that this website is ‘not secure’ if it does not have an SSL installed.
- When a website is flagged as ‘not secure’, any communication that a user has with a website could be hacked.
- This will make users think twice about using your website.
Who will be impacted by the update?
- All websites on the internet.
Where will I see the warning sign?
- At the top of all browsers a large, red warning sign will be displayed.
When is this update taking place?
- All changes will go into effect in October – the clock is ticking!
How to avoid this:
You can secure your site to avoid the warning sign in the browser by installing an SSL Certificate (Secure Socket Layer) on your server.
This certificate encrypts any communication someone has with your website.
In addition to avoiding the warning message on your site, Google says that having an SSL can boost your search engine rankings!
Secure your website with an SSL before the Google Chrome update takes place by:
- Reaching out to the company who manages your website
- Or, our partner company and full-service marketing agency, Vectra Digital, will be happy to help you out! Click here to learn more: https://www.vectradigital.com/ssl/
As always, we’re here for you if you have any questions.