October is National Women’s Small Business Month, and we sat down with our founder, Reema Bhatia, to get her insight on what makes a successful business owner.
While speaking with Reema, we were able to learn about what makes Stickboy Creative and Vectra Digital stand out from the rest.
She provided valuable advice to those interested in starting their own business based on her own experience.
Check it out:
What do you want people to know about Stickboy and Vectra?
- The one thing that I would like people to know about Stickboy and Vectra is the company culture that we have and the spirit of brotherhood and teamsmanship that we have here. I think that when clients work with us they get to experience that and enjoy it, and they become a part of our team. For that reason, we’re still working with clients that we were working with 10 years ago. I think that’s something that is quite unique to us.
What are your biggest accomplishments since starting the business?
- I think one of the things that are very exciting to the whole team is the concept of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning on the Stickboy side. Also, all of the wonderful things that we’re doing with for Vectra Digital. We’re working with large national franchise chains and I can’t wait to get the word in the community about what Vectra is doing, it’s very exciting.
Have you faced any obstacles as a female entrepreneur?
- That’s an interesting question. I don’t really know that there were any obstacles that I’ve faced just because I’m female. I think that in hindsight if anything it actually helped because it helped me stand out of the crowd. People want to help and see you succeed so I think that I got a lot of help along the way. If there were any disadvantages to being a female entrepreneur, I didn’t really dwell on it. I think that ignorance is bliss in this case.
Women businesses are growing, how do you keep it fresh and stay ahead of the game?
- We have a very academic approach to things here. We’re always researching the latest technologies and we’re always investing in them so that when we bring it to our clients we’re already fluent in them. For Vectra, we’re always researching the latest digital strategies out there and we’re always experimenting to see what works and what doesn’t so that our clients can get the best outcome possible.
How do you think company culture impacts a business?
- I think company culture defines everything about a business from the profit margin to the scalability and life of the business. People are the vein of any company so if you have good people, you’re empowering them and you have a good culture – your company is going to last.
What makes Stickboy and Vectra different?
- I think our relationships with the clients makes us very unique. The faith that they have in us after working with us is not something that you can get with a lot of vendors and partners that you work with. If we make mistakes like all humans do, we own up to it and we try to correct it the best way that we can.
Stickboy Creative was recently recognized on the 2017 Grow Florida Companies to Watch List. What does that mean to you?
- I think it makes me feel very proud of the team because it’s a validation of all of the hard work that everyone puts in. I know that our team members are more connected to each other than any other workplace that I’ve seen. It makes me very proud of the network that I’ve built and the support system that we’ve housed. It’s a confirmation that yes, we’re doing something right.
What advice would you give to women who want to become a business owner?
- Get a mentor that guides you and believes in you even when you don’t believe in yourself. It’s important that the person that you select has been in your position so that you can learn what you should and should not be doing so that you can make the wisest business decisions possible.
Congratulations on your success, Reema!
The future for Stickboy Creative and Vectra Digital is bright, and we can’t wait to make big things happen in the coming months.